This recipe is both Gluten-Free and Vegan.
Preheat oven to 425F
Cake Ingredients: 8” pan
- 1 cup oatmeal flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ⅛ cup maple syrup
Topping: you will also need the following ingredients:
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 2 cups raw banana dream ice-cream
- Grease the 8” round pan with coconut oil then put aside.
- To make the cake put the top 4 ingredients into a bowl and stir until mixed.
- Cut in the coconut oil to make a soft crumble.
- Then add the milk and maple syrup and stir until it is all wet (do not over mix).
- Put this batter into the cake pan and bake at 425F for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- While the cake is baking wash and slice the strawberries so they are ready for the topping.
- Once the cake is done take it out of the pan and let it cool before cutting it in half lengthwise.
- Make the ice-cream (see recipe below) and keep it in freezer until ready to use.
Strawberry Banana Dream Vegan Ice-Cream:
makes 2-4 cups
Freeze your peeled bananas overnight.
Put the following into your food processor and process until creamy:
- ½ cup fresh (or frozen) strawberries
- 2-3 frozen bananas (slice thinly)
- Take the bottom half of the cake and spread with the creamy ice-cream
- Put the top half onto this then spread some ice-cream on it also
- Top it all with the sliced strawberries and serve right away (or you can keep it in the freezer for 20 minutes before serving – if you leave it too long it will become too hard and difficult to eat).