This Month’s Recipes From Judy’s Vegan Kitchen
Scroll down to the bottom to see Judy’s Instruction Videos for each of the appliances. You can also scroll down and see over 65 more recipes from Judy’s Vegan Kitchen!
E-Books: Many of Judy’s Recipes are ready for you to download to your phone, tablet or laptop computers Click here to see what we have in E-Books and scroll down to see this week’s recipes.
Recipes for March 15th Basic Recipes From Our Learning book
Some of the Basic Recipes are for Salads, Seed Cheese, Soups or Stews and Desserts
Just incorporate some raw vegetables and fruits into your diet along with some nuts and seeds and you will soon see the benefits. In other words eat more raw! Why is Raw food good for us?
Here are 5 good reasons to eat raw:
- Our body is a living organism made of living cells requiring living food, as its fuel, to function properly.
- We get the most abundant source of nutrients for use by our body from raw vegetables and fruits.
- We need enzymes to be able to properly digest our food. Raw food is full of enzymes.
- We need good fiber to daily cleanse our colon. Raw food is the best source of good fiber.
- Good fats and sugars are found in raw food
Basic Seed Cheese or Nut Pâté:
Always soak nuts and seeds 4-6 hours or overnight for better digestion and to make them softer.
Strain and put into your food processor:
- 2 cup of nuts or seeds that have been soaked (almonds, pecans, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts or sunflower, pumpkin, sesame seeds)
Add the following to this mixture as it is processing:
- ¼ cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- ¼ cup onion (diced)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
Blend this mixture well until it is like creamed cheese, keeps well in the fridge for 3-5 days
To change the flavour of this basic recipe: add herbs, spices or veggies see suggestions below:
- 1 tsp. of one or more herbs: basil, sage, rosemary, turmeric, curry, thyme, ginger
- peppers, mushrooms, spinach, zucchini, radishes just to name a few
Above we added 1 handful of spinach, ½ cup chives, 2 chive blossoms and folded in ¼ cup peas after processing.
Other suggestions: add 1 of the following
- ½ cup of diced sweet peppers
- ½ cup of chopped broccoli or
- ½ cup mushroom stems
- Serve with veggies
- Use the seed cheese to stuff tomatoes or large mushrooms (as in picture above).
- You can also use it in a sandwich or wrap in place of butter or mayo.
Basic Soups (or Stews) simple comfort food
Since we live in a cooler climate, I feel we need to introduce some cooked foods in the winter months. Cooked food is comfort food but let’s make sure these foods are made from our fresh vegetables, fruits, nut, seeds and legumes. Remember the cooked portion of our daily food should only be about 15% of your daily allotment of food. My cooked food is usually a soup or stew. Always start your meal with a Large Raw Salad — this will give you a good beginning for your evening meal.
A bowl of hot soup is great on a cold fall or winter day! Because you are going to cook these soups it is okay to use organic canned goods or frozen vegetables, but it is even better if you use whatever you have from the fresh foods in your fridge.
Recipes for June 19th, Click here to see all 4 of the Island Food recipes
Recipes for June 12th, 2018 Dehydrating Click here to see the 4 recipes for this weeks Wraps & Pizzas
Recipes for June 5th, 2018 Click here to see the 2 recipes for Soups
Recipes for May 29th, Click here to see all 5 recipes from Indian Cuisine
Recipes for May 22nd, 2018 Click here to see the two recipes from my Tower Garden Greens
Recipes for May 15th, Click here to see the two Stew recipes using Celery Root and Brussels’s Sprouts
Recipes for May 8th, 2018 Click here to find both the Mushroom recipes.
Recipes for May 1st, 2018 Click here to find the pictures of this recipe and more using yams.
Recipes for April 24th, 2018 Click here to find the pictures of the salads and the Tower Garden
Recipes for April 17th, 2018 Click here for April 17th, 2018 Cakes to have for Brunch
Recipes for April 12th, 2018 Click here to find the full African recipes and pictures
Recipes for April 4th, 2018 Click here to see all 3 Cauliflower recipes and pictures
Recipes for March 28th, 2018 Easter Click here to see this recipes pictures plus a Carrot Pudding
Recipes for March 21st, 2018 Click here to see all 3 South American recipes with pictures
Recipes for March 14th, 2018 Click here for the full St Patrick’s Day recipes with pictures.
Recipes for March 6th, 2018 Click here to see the full recipes and pictures for More Breakfast Ideas
Recipes for Feb 27th, 2018 Click here to see the full recipes with Cauliflower and Pictures
From our Archives: Explore the different categories below for past recipes and videos.
Beverage Breakfast Dessert
Dinner Lunch Salads